Manual Filter Integrity Tester
A simple to use, compact filter integrity tester that can be installed in any lab and is compatible with the most commonly used filters.
Ensuring the integrity of sterilizing filters
Sterilization filter integrity testing is a fundamental requirement of critical process filtration applications in the pharmaceutical and PET industries. The ultimate filter integrity test and the most reliable measure of the performance of a sterilizing filter is bacterial retention.
Bubble Point Test
The most widely used non-destructive filter integrity test is the bubble point test. The bubble point test explores the fact that liquid is held in the pores of a filter by surface tension and capillary forces. The minimum pressure required to force liquid out of the pores is a measure of the pore diameter. The bubble point test detects the smallest filter defects and oversized pores, and correlates with the bacteria passage test.
Bubble point testing is a visual sensitive technique and is routinely performed as part of the PET Center Product Release Test.
The Bubble Point Filter Integrity Tester has been carefully designed to meet the needs of any laboratory.
- Integrated and compact system.
- Compatible with most filters used for critical process filtering applications.
- Luer lock filter connection for ease and speed of connection.
- Simple air line connection mechanism.
- Reference calibrator.
- Clearly visible water beaker for bubble point identification.
- Fine adjustment of pressure.